over 1 year ago
Hi Future of Healthcare Hackers,
We are excited to have you join our hackathon. We are passionate about making a difference in the Future of Healthcare, and having fun while doing it!
We are just ~2.5 weeks away from the Hackathon starting. A few exciting updates for you:
Our panelist of judges includes leaders across healthcare, policy, and consulting:
- David Shulkin, Former U.S. Secretary of the VA
- Allison Oelschlaeger, Chief Data Officer of Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Clare Bernard, Ph.D., Senior Director, Data Sciences Platform at the Broad Institute
- Niall Brennan, Chief Analytics and Privacy Officer at Clarify, Prior President of Healthcare Cost Institute
- Dr. Greg Hess, Prior Chief Medical Officer at Symphony, IMS health, SDI, and practicing physician
- Michelle Werr, Managing Director at HealthScape Advisors.
We have a new dataset!
- Turquoise Health, a leader in delivering structured data on the cost of care to make pricing data both transparent and accessible to patients, has provided a unique dataset for the Hackathon.
- Their data is sourced from the machine-readable files posted by the hospitals themselves as a part of compliance with the government's Price Transparency Rule.
- If you are interested in using this data for the hackathon, you can request access HERE.
Optional Prep Sessions - add them to your calendar!
- Join us on September 6th and 7th to hear from industry experts, get additional context on the hackathon tracks, and ask any questions.
- Patient Privacy: September 6th at 12pm ET, 8am PT
- Public Health: September 6th at 2pm ET, 11am PT
- Improving Patient Care: September 7th at 4pm ET, 1pm PT
- Zoom link to be provided in a future update
Ensure your full team is registered on Devpost (and add team details here!).
We will be providing an agenda for 9/8-9/11 over the next few days. This will include details on pre-events, mentor sessions, kickoff, and closing remarks.