Track 1: Privacy: Build a prototype or app with patient privacy at the forefront of the solution.
- Reproductive health: Create prototype or app to give visibility to women on privacy risks that may limit their access to healthcare, ensure privacy is maintained, and takes into consideration local policies.
- Genomics: Create a solution to best leverage genomic data in a privacy protected way or help shape what de-identification looks like for genomic data.
"Structuring" genomic data -- how can certain insights be gathered from whole genome/exome sequencing by creating structured data on certain mutations (which then an expert can provide a more streamlined opinion on risk).
Explore methods like differential privacy or other methods to broadly reduce the risk of re identification of genomic data.
- Or build your own solution for patient privacy!
Track 2: Public health: Interrogate the data, identify a problem and solve a public health issue facing the nation.
- Opioid epidemic 136 people die every day from an opioid overdose. Using publically available data identify a need and create a product or solution that helps to address the opioid crisis.
- Pandemic preparedness: COVID is not our first or last pandemic. If we are better able to prepare in the future, we may reduce lives lost and increase the speed of “return to normal”. Spec and/or build initial prototypes of products that can help the U.S. and Global leaders be prepared for the next pandemic.
Build your own solution for public health!
Track 3: Improving patient care: Build a prototype or app to improve patient care in 1 of 3 ways: patient access/knowledge, quality of care, or price.
- Transparency of Healthcare prices: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) established the hospital price transparency rule to help individuals know the cost of a hospital item or service before receiving it. We will provide a dataset of prices across providers. Use this dataset to create a prototype supporting the initiative of reducing prices of healthcare.
- Health equity: There are challenges with the quality and availability of care based on geographic location and demographics of patients. Interrogate the data and develop a solution to improve health equity.
- Understand your genomics data: Develop a patient facing tool that brings visibility into the implications, outcomes, and risk factor of certain genomic mutations.
- Payer/Provider Information Sharing: Patient data is more accessible electronically thanks to solutions like Datavant Switchboard. Appending clinical data with Social Economic information adds additional power to the whole member/patient knowledge. Areas of focus and opportunity for this challenge include: Transition of Care, Risk Adjustment, Quality and Performance, Utilization management, Payment reconciliation, Consumer Engagement. What use cases could evolve from access and/or combinations of the dataset provided?
- Build your own solution to improve patient care!
- Genomic prompt: 1000 genomes + synthetic phenotype data
- Genomic prompt: COVID 19 variant genomic data
- Genomic prompt: Canine genomic data
- To identify correlations/needs - General goverment data and healthcare specific data
- Opioid Crisis prompt: Geographic medicare user stats
- Opioid Crisis prompt: Medicaid Opioid prescriotion rates, Medicare Opioid prescription rates
- All prompts: Syntegra synthetic patient level datasets (EHR, Claims)
- All prompts: CDC behavioral risk factor datasets
- Price Transparency data - Request access HERE
- Health equity prompt: Selected Primary Care Access and Quality Measures
- Health equity prompt: Area Deprivation Index (ADI) by geography
- Health equity prompt: CDC behavioral risk factor datasets
- Health Equity and Price transparency: Syntegra synthetic patient level datasets (EHR, Claims)
- Genomic prompt: ClinVar Genomic Dataset
- Payer / Provider information sharing Prompt - Google drive to be provided upon registration